Research Associate II
DEPARTMENT: Research & Development
LOCATION: San Diego, CA (Lab)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: TBD
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Aptose is seeking an experienced, and self-motivated Research Associate to join our Research and Development team. This ideal individual will have a strong history of blood handling experience. As well as exceptional data analysis and troubleshooting skills, and laboratory operation management.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Cell Culture
- Experiment design and conduct
- Data analysis and troubleshooting
- Collaboration with other team members on different projects
- Daily laboratory operation management (e.g. equipment maintenance, and safety compliance)
- Responsible for processing clinical pharmacodynamic (PD) samples
- Conducting pharmacokinetic (PK) and PD studies
- Assay development
- Biomarker discovery and evaluation
- Will be involved in study design, data analysis, and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of cell molecular biology with the emphasis on oncology and immunology.
- Must have BS degree with 3+ years of experience, or
- MS degree with 2+ years of hands-on experience in cell culture, protein extraction, and western blotting, immunoprecipitation, RNA/DNA isolation, and RT-qPCR, ELISA, multi-color flow cytometry.
- Must have experience and skills in blood/bone marrow (animal and human) handling and cell/DNA/RNA isolation from blood.
- Must have working experience in fast-paced environment.
- Must be a good team player.
- Should be self-motivated, efficient, well-organized, detail-oriented, and be proficient in communication and record keeping.
- Experience in drug MOA study and biomarker discovery preferred.
- No more than 5%
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.