Associate / Director of Business Development
DEPARTMENT: Business Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Business Officer
LOCATION: New York / San Diego
TYPE: Full Time
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role will be responsible for assisting in all business development activities and supporting a network of relationships and collaborations within academia and biotechnology. This role will also work closely with Senior Management and to refine and update business development goals to support the Company's strategy.
- Assist in search and evaluation efforts for future BD opportunities, inclusive of both scouting activities and evaluation of novel therapeutic opportunities for both licensing and M&A
- Conduct initial assessment of select inbound opportunities; assist in scientific and clinical due diligence with cross functional teams.
- Assist in integrating input from various functional areas across the organization to create high quality, clear, and decision-enabling scientific assessments, due diligence reports and presentations.
- Demonstrate experience in effectively prioritizing multiple opportunities and coordinating the workflow.
- Assist in building and leveraging a network of connections in the academic and biotechnology world to raise awareness of the company’s BD objectives.
- Attend medical and investor conferences to strengthen partnerships/relationships with other BD counterparts and evaluate potential BD opportunities
REQUIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 6 years of combined relevant academic and/or industry experience;
- Some prior exposure to organized diligence, financing and deal structures, valuation methods, and commercial forecasting;
- Effective communication skills to clearly communicate business strategies and capabilities internally and externally;
- Strong scientific acumen and ability to assist in reviewing preclinical and clinical literature;
- Strong business acumen and ability to assist in well-informed, fact-based decision making;
- Strong technical and industry knowledge, and knows how to collect and leverage data and capitalize on business trends and opportunities.
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree in areas related to tumor biology or oncology;
- 1+ years in equity research or investment banking covering biotechnology;
- 1+ years in strategy consulting or related professional experience;
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips
- Some international travel may be required
- Requires up to 30% travel
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.