DEPARTMENT: Project Management
Manager: Director, Project Management
TYPE: Full Time
Location: San Diego, CA
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a highly motivated employee to join the Aptose project management team. The individual will provide project management support primary on clinical development project teams. As needed, the person may require providing project management support on the other Aptose business areas, such as CMC and research. The individual will develop and maintain project schedules, facilitate meetings, issue meeting agenda/minutes, align with key stakeholders, ensure communicate across project team, and deliver team goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and dashboards
- Identify and manage risks across theproject
- Facilitate cross functional team meetings and issue meeting agenda and minutes. Follow up with action items.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path using proper PMtools
- Develop and facilitate team planningmeetings
- Draft and manage project budgets and highlight changes in the projectbudget
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the projectteam
- Collaborate with internal and external keystakeholders
REQUIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS degree insciences
- 5 years minimally in clinical and drug development in the biotech/pharmaceuticalindustry.
- 2 years project management experience in biotech/pharmaceuticalindustry
- Previous experience with oncology trial stronglypreferred
- Experience in managing cross functionalteam
- Experience in risk identification andmitigation
- Experience in working directly at sponsorcompanies
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision) in a fast-paced teamenvironment.
FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of GXP requirements for pharma / biotechindustry
- Oncology drugdevelopment
- Process, procedures and bestpractices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) andSmartsheet
- Attention todetails
- Communicate effectively in English, both oral andwritten
- Deliver oncommitments
- Detail oriented and meticulous followthrough
- Proactively plan andorganize
- Solve problems
- Manage and improve process
- Influence andpersuade
- As needed
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.